Focus Areas & Initiatives
Work together as City Departments with the common goal of guiding growth, providing city services within available resources, organizational excellence, and stewardship of the public trust.
- Create a sustainable economic base through diversified and targeted business and industry growth.
- Make a commitment to provide a high quality of life.
- Expand the capabilities of our workforce through the support of education and training opportunities.
- Diversify the economic opportunities within the comprehensive plan
- Be responsive, innovative and opportunistic in planning for growth, improving response times, coverage, and ways of doing business.
- Find alternative funding sources and operational efficiencies.
- Plan for infrastructure needs and strategic resource development.
Services Meet Demand
- Meet the current demands for services, while proactively planning and preparing for future needs.
- Follow-up with appropriate programs, policies, ordinances, and resolution to meet those demands.
- Enhance employee skills and opportunities for succession through training, coaching and mentoring. Positive reinforcement of job performance will result in a work environment that makes employees partners in the success of the City.
- Use information technology to enhance staff’s ability to respond efficiently and effectively.
- Promote the mission and demonstrate City values at all times. Demonstrate our commitment to our core values through our actions.
- Positioning the city to have the staff resources to achieve strategic growth and maintain quality of service
Stewardship of the Public Trust
- Demonstrate financial responsibility - accountable to City of Meridian stakeholders to encourage fiscal conservatism and to ensure that all financial transactions of the City are transparent and defendable.
- Participate in, and accountability to, public involvement, outreach, and collaborative partnerships to improve the trust, support, and confidence of our community in our stewardship.
- Develop a system for providing consistent, understandable, accurate, and complete information regarding city records and access to city information.