Water Main Flushing Information
To view the current flushing schedule and map, please click here
If you would like to report a water quality problem, please contact us at 888-5242. If you would like us to notify you by email when we are flushing the water lines in your area, please email: firstname.lastname@example.orgYour email address will be used only for notification and will remain confidential.
Here are some important things to know about our upcoming water main flushing activities:
- Your tap water may temporarily appear red, brown, or blackish in color. If this happens, simply run cold-water faucets in your bathtubs at full stream for a few minutes until the water runs clear again.
- To avoid any unwanted sediment build-up in your hot water heater, you should always clear your lines using cold-water taps.
- During this flushing time, you should check your clothes washers and icemakers for any sediment before using. These sediments are not a risk to your health.
- If your faucets seem to be clogged or running slowly, simply remove the screens and rinse out.
- The water pressure inside your home may fluctuate at times. This is only temporary and regular water pressure will resume once this flushing period is complete.
We collect and analyze over 1,000 water samples annually to insure your drinking water is safe and meets state and federal requirements.